Wednesday, May 9, 2012

No Imagination and Trying to Write a Book



Most of my life, I've had this idea tumbling about in my mind about writing a book. I think about it constantly. Ideas churn around and stir, but never come to fruition. I have a notebook that I scribble notes in. But what would the book be about? 


Usually, I try to figure out a way that I can relate my personal story and perhaps help someone who may be going through something similar. My sister has been wanting to do the same thing. We thought maybe we could collaborate. Then, we thought maybe we could come together with our mom and collaborate on a book about parenting and being a child with Aspergers. I think it is a great concept, but what effect this truth would have on our family... well, I cannot say. There would be a lot of hurt feelings all around. I think I will just continue to write my personal account on this blog. This is the first place I have decided to write openly and honestly with no filters. If my family members read this blog, they have made the decision to do so, but they will have to deal with the words that are being said. I have tried to keep this blog somewhat anonymous, but if I happened to have a book published, well, I'm sure everyone we know would want to have a copy.


After thinking on these things for a few weeks, I finally decided that perhaps I could write a fictional book. I do not want to divulge any details of my ideas, but I think, it is a good concept. I have been brainstorming to myself non-stop to figure out the details.


It's hard to do, because, as I have known since I was a small child, I have virtually no imagination. I do not have to create all of this out of the air because I might be able to base some things on my own life, but I can't even get the basics worked out. I wish I had someone that I could bounce ideas off of. Someone that is creative. 


I will keep working on this. I want to do something with my life. I do not feel the need to make a lot of money, have lots of stuff and/or be famous. I just want to do something that means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment